The Ohio State University Asian American Studies Program in conjunction with the Digital Archive of Literacy Narratives is initiating an oral history and mapping project.
Our goals are to:
- Record and archive the experiences of Asian Americans in central Ohio. During our first phase, we will focus on community leaders and advocates.
- Train students, staff, and faculty to conduct and record oral histories
- Foster university-community collaboration
- Create a web-based map that makes visible the significant community institutions as well as residential and business centers of Asians in Central Ohio
- Re-envision the “heartland” of America to include the history, communities, and activism of Asian Americans
Please join us to view these student recorded interviews with Asian American community leaders in Central Ohio. Refreshments will be served. For more information, please contact Prof. Lynn Itagaki.
Co-sponsored by the Multicultural Center.